If you already have fabric scraps on hand, this holiday wreath costs $1 to make. And the kids get to rip things. How awesome is that?
All you need is a straw wreath and strips of fabric, any color or pattern you fancy.
1. Cut small slits in the fabric about 1″-ish apart.
3. If you didn’t cut them down already, cut all the strips down to the same length. I did about 8″ for a not so raggedy looking rag wreath.
4. Tie the strips around the wreath in a double knot.
5. Scrunch and tie until it’s done.
6. Get a command hook and hang that puppy.
No hot glue. No glitter. No crazy paper scraps.
I can’t get Jason in on the craft action. I try. But I can get him to man the camera so that I get to be in the memory shots with the kids.
And we ordered a white Christmas tree! It’s our first faux tree year and I am so excited.